Huge savings on RRP | Order before 14:00 for free next day delivery
Regular Price: £550
Special Price £399
Out of stock
Help Choosing a Memorial Garden Bench
Our range of benches are able to fulfil that honour and our team of bench specialists are at the end of the telephone to help customers who need support, care and advice at this sad time. Whether you require a 2 seater, a 3 seater, a 4 seater or a 5 seater bench we will be able to advise you on the correct size to purchase, or if you have a nominated budget, we will be able to assist you with information on benches that fall within that criteria.
Commemorative Engraving Service
A brass plaque to affix to the bench with your own choice of wording makes this commemorative piece of outdoor furniture far more personal. It can be an upsetting and sometimes confusing time following a bereavement and the wording you choose is so very important. If you need some inspiration for the wording for your personalised engraving, then we are here to help. You may wish to have a short carved message into the wood rather than a plaque and if you inform us of your message, we will ask our carver to price that for you.
How to buy a tribute bench
1) Choose Your Material – Woods such as Teak, Pine and Oak are the most popular materials for benches. At Sloane & Sons, we specialise in making benches with the most weather resistant hardwood of the three, Teak.
2) Pick Your Bench Size – Most benches tend to be large enough to seat 3 or 4 people as they are usually placed in a public place. However, if the bench is to be used in your garden for personal commemoration, then a 2-seater maybe more suitable depending on the size of your outdoor space.
3) Select a Style – When choosing a style for your bench, it’s a nice idea to consider the personality of the person that the tribute is for. If they were ‘old fashioned’ then a classic bench would be perfect. If they were outgoing, maybe a bench with a pattern such as a cross weave would be more suitable.
4) Plague Engraving – You need to select the specific wording that you would like engraved on your memorial plaque. Many people choose to include: -
- their loved ones name
- a message to (or about) them
- their dates of birth and death
5) Pick Any Extras – At Sloane & Sons we have range of extras to ensure your tribute bench is well protected and stands the test of time: -
- Additional Protection - Waterproof covers or teak oil are always a smart choice. Although Teak is more weather resistant than most, the UK weather is particularly rainy, so this could be a wise investment.
- Garden Bench Cushions - We also have a good range of cushions to choose from if you want to add a splash of colour to your bench.
- Anchor Kits – If you choose to place the bench in a public place (e.g a church yard, park or village green) you will require an anchor kit to secure it to the ground. We offer two types of anchor kit; one is meant for ‘hard ground’ like concrete, pavements or hand packed earth, and one is meant for ‘soft ground’ such as grass.
6) Delivery & Installation - Once you are ready to check out and purchase your bench, you need to select your delivery date. Next day delivery is available for most models, and you can select a delivery date of your choice for a selected day anytime within the following month. All our high-quality benches arrive fully assembled at no extra charge.
How to get permission to place a bench in a park or public place
If you want to place a bench in a park or public place, you need to first contact the applicable local council. While this is usually free (or has a very low fee), every local council has slightly different rules and procedures for doing this, so you will need to contact them in advance. For more information see our Memorial Bench in a public area FAQ page on our blog
How much do they cost?
Just as with any product on the market, memorial benches come in a wide variety of price points and with many optional add-ons. At Sloane & Sons, basic benches start at just £109, but depending on design and quality, prices can climb to around £500. Most people then choose to add an engraved plaque that includes their loved one’s name, dates of importance and a short message. Our plaque engraving service costs £75.
Finally, you will need to anchor your bench so that it is stable and secure on the ground and stays in place for many years to come. Anchoring kits are available for hard and soft ground, at £50 and £80 respectively. You can anchor the bench on your own, or a member of the Sloane & Sons team can help you when they deliver your order.